We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

13 Reasons I Can't Wait For Dragon*Con

Eight more days to my favorite summer camp for wayward adults: Atlanta’s DragonCon. Yes, I’m counting the minutes. Here’s why:

13. The superior eye candy—James Marsters, Kevin Sorbo, Michael Shanks... (Oh yeah, they've got girls too—Vanessa Angel, Claudia Black, Lexa Doig, Gigi Edgley. Will they do?)

12. The chance to meet fellow Samhain writer Ally Blue.

11. More costumes per capita than anywhere in Georgia.

10. Concerts featuring the Cruxshadows, Emerald Rose, the Brobdignagian Bards, Voltaire and many, many more.

9. The DragonCon Parade.

8. Panels featuring fabulous writers like Kevin Anderson, Bob Asprin, Peter Beagle, Terry Brooks, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jody Lynn Nye and Margaret Weis.

7. Panels featuring meeeeeeee.

6. The Pirate Ball.

5. Going to the Pirate Ball in costume with the rest of the Press Room scalliwags.

4. Swordplay demonstrations by the Crossed Swords.

3. The Iron Artist face-off between Bill Stout and Tara McPherson.

2. The irresistible temptations of the Art Show, Exhibit Hall and Dealers Room.

1. Have I mentioned James Marsters and the Cruxshadows?

See you there!


See more Thursday Thirteens here!

11 comments:

L^2 said...

Sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time!

Carolan Ivey said...

I've heard a lot about this con! I hope to make it there sometime.

Jean Marie Ward said...

Thanks for the good wishes, I^2.
Carolan, you'd love it. There's so much good stuff going on, I couldn't even list it all.
And my cheesy pirate costume actually fits, too. :D

Anonymous said...

#11 - Indeed.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Love James Marsters...and Kevin Sorvino too. I definitely ended up pursuing the wrong profession. Have a WONDERFUL time.

Lori said...

Sounds groovy...great list. Happy TT.

Christine Norris said...

I'll get there someday! I'm venturing out to RavenCon next year, which is the furthest I've gone for a con.

One day I'll be invited to be a panelist and then HAVE to go :)

Becka said...

MICHAEL SHANKS!?!?! **sobs**

I'm so jealous of you, woman. But I'd LOVE you forever if you got me an autograph. :P Of course, you probably have to pay $$, so nevermind. :(

Michael is the guy I chose to "be" Noah Carpenter in my BEAST series. So sexy-hot. And James Marsters... **whine**

DH would go for Claudia Black. He thinks she's a total hottie-mctoddie. LOL

~~Becka

Jean Marie Ward said...

Alas, Becka, the autograph lines are total hell. If I were still wearing my journalist hat I'd do it. Essentially, if you're going to interview people, you can usually get autographs after the interview without waiting 45 minutes or more. (Usually get them free too, but that's a whole other story.)
The problem is this year I've got at least six, possibly as many as ten panels spread over the four days. I literally don't have the time to stand in line. Sorry!
Hugs,
Jean Marie

Jean Marie Ward said...

Pssst, miss wisabus, don't tell anyone, but that's really my number one. *g*

Becka said...

LOL s'ok, Jean Marie. I was just joking.

Kind of. >:D

Wish I could be there... I'd totally wait 45 minutes to get the Shank-meister's John Hancock. :P

They totally need to have an autograph/kissing booth. Now THAT would rule. *snort*

~~Becka