We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Magic Math by Dayna

My husband and I recently added a puppy to the mix of things at our already insane house. A week later, I found out I was (am) pregnant with our fourth child. It's been a rollercoaster.

I have a manuscript I've been sending to agents, and I hit a wall one morning. "I can't send this. I'm going to have a baby...how on earth can I get an agent NOW? I don't know if I'll ever be able to write again once little4 gets here." Of course, all this angst finds its way into my writing, which I'm hoping is a good thing.

So, instead of worrying about it too much, I decided to break my life down into some Magic Math:

A heightened sense of smell + a beagle = nausea.
Nausea + morning = no coffee
No coffee + Dayna = problems.


Three kids + beagle + one more coming = fear.
Fear + writing = dark stories
Dark stories + faeries = twisted fun.

If pregnancy = cravings, and cravings = irrational yet acceptable...
Dayna's cravings = Pringles for breakfast.


So, do some magic math of your own and give us a rundown on your life today.

3 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

LOL Dayna, great post. :) FWIW, 16 years ago I left a secure job to become a freelancer - on the day I found out I was pregnant with my second child.

Leaving secure job to freelance + finding out I'm pregnant = fear
Fear + bills = motivation
motivation + hustle = paycheck (most of the time)

Paying work + steady work = decent paycheck
Paycheck + family = less time to write fiction
Less time + Better/easier $ tech writing = Must kick self in a$$ harder to motivate self to carve out time for fiction, which isn't guaranteed $ but saves my sanity
Writing fiction + sanity = Happier mom and spouse

How's that? :)

Jean Marie Ward said...

LOL I don't have enough brain cells to do any kind of math, much less magic math. But I do want to send my very best wishes to you and your family. That's marvelous news...even if it temporarily interferes with the necessary absorption of caffeine.
And I think this is the perfect time to go agent hunting. Think of all those hormones you can apply to the task.
Cheers and smiles,
Jean Marie

Gia Dawn said...

Gia + television (especially new shoes she has no business watching) = less writing.
Gia + late night when everyone else is asleep = more writing.
Sigh, third shift it is.