We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Spooks, Magic & Writing Goals

Ah, Autumn... my favorite time of year! The harvest is on, crisp apples, yummy veggies and the air is growing colder, but not quite frigid yet. It's snuggle time and time to find my Winter clothes and warm blankets. And for some of us, time to think about the year past and make plans for the new cycle to come.

I've been clearing away a lot of my old projects in preparation for starting fresh in November. I'm finishing up some things that need finishing and plotting out plans for new directions come next month. One of the tools I'm using to help with this is the 70 Days of Sweat writing challenge. The idea is to write between 750-1200 words each day for the next 70 days. I write very fast, but not every day and sometimes I go weeks without writing a thing. Not a good habit for a professional writer.

The challenge started yesterday and already I'm ahead of the goal, which is just great. There's a certain accountability that spurs one on when competing against yourself. If you want to keep up with my progress, I've put a tracking meter on my blog and will be posting little tidbits from my WIPs there as I go along.

I'll be working on multiple manuscripts (as I always do) from fantasy, to sci fi, and back again. Some contracted, some just in their beginning stages of development. But here's a little about two of the contracted projects waiting for me to finish working on them (because they release this December!):

- My holiday short story "Solstice Dreams" from Whiskey Creek Press Torrid -
Two elves searching the northern wilderness. One light. One dark. Forbidden to each other, yet drawn by the same yearning for... something. They seek the Jolly Old Elf, to learn his secrets, but neither can find him, until they find each other.

- My vamp/were menage paranormal novel, "Sweeter Than Wine" from Samhain -
An abused woman has the power to unite werefolk, fey and vampire against an evil that would see them all dead—if she can learn to love again.

So spooks and magic are in the air for me... how about you?

Bianca
Website: http://biancadarc.com/
NEW Blog: http://biancadarc.com/blog/

3 comments:

Gia Dawn said...

Hey, doing my first NaNo this year. LOL, consistancy is not my bag, either. Good luck! Gia

Carolan Ivey said...

Good luck with the sweating and the nano-ing, Bianca and Gia!

N.J.Walters said...

Good luck with the NaNo challenge!