We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Creature Feature: D'Arc Royal Black Dragons


I was recently asked what makes the dragons I write about different from others and thought I'd answer the question here, in a "Creature Feature." Hope that's okay with you all. ;-)

In the Dragon Knights series, there are many varieties and hues of dragon, but the only black dragons in existence are the Royal Blacks. They are the shapeshifters - the beings of noble blood born and sworn to protect both humanity and dragonkind.

They rule with an understanding born of the fact they are both human and dragon. The founder of their line, Draneth the Wise, intended it just that way, so the dragons and humans could live in harmony and work together to protect their land and people against the forces of evil.

In my Dragon Knights series, the time has come when this partnership will be tested utterly. The last of the wizards have returned to continue their war against each other, using humans and other creatures like the venemous skiths as pawns in their deadly game. King Roland, Prince Nico, and their brothers will lead both the dragons and people of their land into battle... and beyond.

I hope that answers at least some of the questions about the Royal Blacks. I'll probably have to do another post sometime on the wild Northern Ice Dragons and some of the other creatures unique to my world. So what do you all think? :-)

Bianca D'Arc
Come over to the D'Arc side... www.biancadarc.com

6 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

I would love to hear more about how you built your dragon world, Bianca. :)

I assume you've read Anne McCaffery's dragonrider series? My whole family loves it. It's perfect for listening on CD for long car trips.

Bianca D'Arc said...

You know, Carolan, I read that series when I was about 15 years old. I remember loving it, but not much else about it. LOL! Next time I blog here, I'll have to write a post about how I built my little dragon world. Thanks for the idea! :-) (I'm always on the lookout for good blog topics!)

Suzette said...

I love the Royal Black Dragons in your world! Heck, I love your Dragon Knights series no matter which dragon.

Bianca D'Arc said...

Aw, thanks Suzette! I know some readers have a thing for Prince Nico - one of the more dashing of the shifter princes. I'll be writing about the rest of his family as well in future books. ;-)

polheber2 said...

Morning all, I would love to hear more about Tor's background...so to speak. Where are the rest of the Ice Dragons, where'd they go man? Love the Black Dragons of course, but how can you not dig the cuter patooter?

Serena (cold meds rock!!)

Jennifer A. Ray said...

I never get enough dragons, especially yours, Bianca! That new graphic is gorgeous!