We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Remember This Movie?

Ever watch a movie trailer and hear that ONE song and wonder where the heck it came from? Do you remember watching this movie when it came out 11 years ago? Did you ever think this movied kicked ass because it had an awesome intelligent dragon?

This clip from YouTube gives me chills. I fashioned Mynos after Draco. If you watch closely, you'll notice a few moves Draco does that I had Mynos do in the Legends of Mynos books from Samhain Publishing. Breathing fire down a straight line... Balls of fire from his nostrils...

Dragonheart is one of my all-time favorite movies. Not necessarily because it's such a wonderful plot, but because of the inspiration it sparked in me for my fantasy romance series. I really wish they would make more movies about intelligent dragons like Draco, who could maybe wield magic and shape-shift like Mynos.

Watch this clip and get chills, y'all. Oh, and that music you always wondered about? Yeah, it's part of the Dragonheart soundtrack, one of the best and well-known movie soundtracks ever, in my opinion, of course.

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com/
http://www.samhainpublishing.com/authors/rebecca-goings


3 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

Squeeee!! I LOVE this movie - I have it on both video tape and DVD.

Too bad the heroine's wig was so bad, but everything else was spot on. Who can go wrong with Sean Connery? :D

Becka said...

Yes, I love this movie too. DH doesn't love it half as much as I do, mainly because he thinks the movie could have been a bit more epic. He says the soundtrack is so epic, it doesn't fit the movie.

He wanted more of a serious fantasy than a light-hearted dragon movie, more like LOTR than what it was... And I can see his point.

However, Dragonheart is THE only movie (that I know of) with a dragon like Draco, and that's why it kicked ass, for me, anyway. The only movie that's come close to an intelligent dragon is Eragon, but she didn't come close to the awesome-ness that is Draco.

Sorry, Mr. Paolini.

~~Becka

Jean Marie Ward said...

I second what Carolan said--how can you go wrong when the dragon sounds like Sean Connery? Cheers and grins, Jean Marie