We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sleep is a good thing

Having been woken every. twenty. minutes. last night, I'm a little obsessed with sleep. And the lack thereof. And...because I haven't slept...my mind's doing weird and wonderful things. Like so:

  • Do you write when you're tired? I don't just mean 'sleepy', I mean..barely able to keep my eyes open tired.
  • Do you read when you're that tired?
  • Do you prefer to read/write in the morning, or late at night? (and are you a Morning Person?)
  • How often do you read about people sleeping in books, unless they're a) attacked by bad guys or b) have a prophetic kind of dream?
And the question I really want to know...

Have you ever read a book where the main character has been deprived of sleep for so long that they simply can't think properly? And if so...what book is it?

Because I've got to say, I haven't slept since Thursday night. Not properly, anyway. And it makes me punchy. (It also makes me try to pour my kettle into my toaster while making breakfast, too.) And I'd love to read a writer who can capture that whole feeling.

And now...it's time for either more caffeine...or a nap...

3 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Well, my character Ethan Shannon doesn't sleep much in "Heart Of The Storm". It's a fisherman thing.
And I read when I'm that tired. I try not to write...or edit...when I'm that beat. But you do what you gotta do.
Hope you get some sleep soon darlin'

Carolan Ivey said...

Nope, can't read when I'm that tired. No matter how good the book is, when the pages open my eyelids slam shut. :)

I've been known to write when that tired, but I don't remember what I wrote, even when I read it the next day. I look at it and wonder who wrote it!

Editing when tired? Dangerous. Not a good idea. :)

Dayna_Hart said...

I don't...normally...write when I'm tired. However, my hubby laughed at me awhile back because I was writing, laptop on my lap...eyes firmly closed. It was bizarre.

Carolan, I like to read, too...and fall asleep, book in hand. *happysigh*

I don't like editing even when I'm awake ;)