We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Movie sleuth:

Romantictimes has a section called book sleuth. So, today I’m going to make use of your great minds. I’m on a mission to discover a title of a movie I once saw years ago on television with my dh. We both enjoyed it, but neither of us retained the title.

All I can really remember is the story plot contained a romance! There was magic and a curse, both elements of a fantasy. The setting was ancient, or possibly medieval. Oh, a big clue I hope will jog some memories…one of the couple suffered a curse of being an eagle or falcon.

Can you help me with the title? And please share with us one of your favorite fantasy movies?

Until later~
Mel

8 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

LadyHawke!!

Becka said...

Totally LadyHawke.

The man and woman were cursed by an evil cleric who was in love with the woman. But she loved the knight. So he cursed them, never to be together. The woman was a hawk by day, the man a black wolf by night.

Matthew Broderick was young in this movie, and played a young friar-ling who helps them break the curse.

Excellent movie. :) The *only* gripe I have about this one is Michelle Pfeiffer's short hair. If she'd had longer hair, it would have "fit" better for me with the Medieval theme, but over all, a minor gripe. Go rent it. NOW! :P

~~Becka

Becka said...

No wait, Matthew Broderick's character was a thief, not a friar-ling. Sorry. **blushes** But I think he impersonates a friar. Doesn't he?? LOL

I need to watch this movie again, apparently.

~~Becka

Christine said...

Yes, Ladyhawke. Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer. The only Michelle Pfeiffer movie I can watch, because I met her once and she was not a nice person.

LOVE IT!

Carolan Ivey said...

Love the movie - the only quibble I had with it was the music. It was all jarring rock and roll music when it needed to be more of a sweeping movie score.

Stupid stuff like that bugs me. LOL

Dayna_Hart said...

Ladyhawke!
I own this on VHS. would love to find it on DVD.

Dayna_Hart said...

heh. I missed the 'share your fave' part. Here's my must-see fantasy movie day list:

Ladyhawke
Princess Bride
Willow (Val Kilmer. Nuff said)
Labyrinth (David Bowie. Nuffsaid)
Dark Crystal

Jim Henson's StoryTeller series is fabulous, too. (walmart had the dvds not long ago) Have you seen these Carolan? I think you've love them. He did retellings of fairy tales, though not the most popular ones. The Soldier and Death is my absolute favorite.

Carolan Ivey said...

No, I haven't seen those, Dayna. I'll have to track those down - I'm a huge Henson fan. :)

I collect Tom Clark gnome figurines, and my favorite one is named "Henson". It depicts a gnome reading a fairy tail to a frog that's sitting beside him. :)