We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Magical Cats


1. Puss in Boots

2. Dick Whittington’s Cat

3. The Catbus in Hayao Miyazaki’s movie My Neighbor Totoro

4. Maneki Neko, the Japanese lucky cat with an upraised paw

5. The Norse goddess Freyja’s nine, horse-sized winged cats, which draw her chariot

6. Aslan the Lion in C.S. Lewis’s Narnia stories

7. Yoruichi Shihouin, ex-commander of the Shinigami special forces in the anime Bleach

8. Austin in Tanya Huff’s Keeper’s Chronicles trilogy

9. The Cheshire Cat in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland

10. Cait Sidhe, the cat spirit of the Scottish Highlands

11. Solembum in Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance Trilogy

12. The Cat in the Hat in Dr. Seuss’s stories

13. And the most magical of all…your cat.


22 comments:

impwork said...

A very original TT :-)

Crimson Wife said...

Interesting list! I'm not familiar with all of the entries but you've done a great job coming up with such an eclectic mix of cats :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved your T13 entry. A very diverse list of cats.

Mama Kelly

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, I loved this. I adore cats and have four indoor sweeties of my own -- and yes, I so agree that of all wonderful and magical cats, the most magical of all are our precious, well-loved felines!

Thanks for a heartwarming TT.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

LOL. I love this. I'm also amazed you came up with thirteen.
Though it never occurred to me to call Aslan a "cat".

Anonymous said...

Great T13

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list!

Jean Marie Ward said...

Thanks! Of course, my cat complained I didn't post his picture. Everybody's a critic. LOL
Cheers and grins,

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the first two were well loved pantomimes!

Daisy said...

Those are some of my favorite cats too!

Sara Thacker said...

I love the Cat in The Hat.

Amelia June said...

I wouldn't call my cats magical. More...irritating LOL (one knocked over a glass of water this morning).

I did just finish a book with a magic cat though, Beyond the Hedge. Interesting time travel.

Gattina said...

It's a shame but besides my own 4 (since 2 days) 5 cats I don't know any of these characters ! But you can see little 6 week old Rosie on my cat blog (cats & funny stories)

Babe King said...

and TS Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL!

Don't forget the cat in that Disney movie, "That Darn Cat".

Becka said...

I especially LOVE Aslan. :D But as a kid who used to actively look for the entrance into Narnia, that's not really a shocker. LOL

~~Becka
http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com

Carolan Ivey said...

OK, you know I'm going to have to do one about dogs, now, don't you? ;)

kuanyin333 said...

Very interesting list! Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Great list! Happy T 13 :)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I have a heroine who names a pet tiger Maneki-Neko. Everyone thinks I made it up! Great list. The research must've been pretty daunting!

Elle Fredrix said...

Dare I say it? I'm not a cat person, but I know most of those cats. Great list!

Heather said...

Love this week's list!