We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What's your fantasy?

Noooooooooooo!! DON'T start posting yet! I don't mean THAT kind of fantasy!
*whew*

First, open this link in a new tab or a new window so you can refer to it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_subgenres

Now! What's your fantasy?
*glowers at the smart aleck who is still typing 'two women, one bed, and silk scarves'*
Not. That. Fantasy!

There are some 19 different fantasy subgenres listed at Wikipedia. And I'm wondering, what's your favourite? What books do you have in the genre which you love? Why do you like that one?
Yes, I'm being nosey today :)

3 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

[pout] You're no fun... ;)

Carolan Ivey said...

Bangsian? Elfpunk? I've never heard of these! Thanks for the cool link.

I'd have to say my favorites are the high fantasy (LOTR), historic fantasy (Parke Godwin's FIRELORD) and Celtic fantasy.

Becka said...

High fantasy for me. Grew up reading "Shannara" and "The Belgariad" and "Narnia". I've even written a few myself. **wink**

Steampunk kinda fascinates me, but I'm not sure I could write in that kind of a world and do it justice.

~~Becka