We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

13 Books...

From last week's post...these are the thirteen books the thirteen characters came from:

  1. Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks
  2. Bridge to Teribithia by Katherine Paterson
  3. The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle
  4. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  5. The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
  6. The One Tree by Stephen R. Donaldson
  7. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  8. Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay
  9. Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer
  10. Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  11. Star Wars by Alan Dean Foster, but credited to George Lucas (thanks Wikipedia!)
  12. Stone of Farewell by Tad Williams
  13. Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Many of these are series, which have only the first book listed.

Thanks for playing.
:)

15 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, good stuff on that list. Robin Hobb -- a favorite over here!!!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed your T13 last week! Would have been a blast to play along. Love your choice in authors and characters.

Rashenbo said...

Assassin's Apprentice is very good. I just finished Tad Williams' Stone of Farewell this past weekend. Well, I actually read the whole trilogy this past week. It was a great series.

Kate Davies said...

Great list!

And great blog. Glad I finally found it!

Kate

Robin said...

I just finished rereading a few of the Hitchhikers books - great stuff!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great list of books! My mom has read 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13, (and their associated series) and they are among her favourite books. Guy Gavriel Kay is one of her favourite authors and he's Canadian! :)

Dayna_Hart said...

Dragonheart, I have a thing for Canadian authors (I'm one, too ;)) Another great one is Charles DeLint. He writes really beautiful stuff.

Robin: The Hitch-hiker's series is gold. I think Doug Adams is like a strange combination of Monty Python and Einstein :)

Kate: glad you found us, too :)

She: There'll be a few more playalong T13's, so I hope you'll be back to join in :)

Susan: Robin Hobb is still on my to-be-read list. I bought a book and only realised once I got it home it was book FOUR. I have to read books in order so...I'm looking for books one to three :)

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Wonderful list, Dayna. I think my daughter has probably read each of these books. She's a huge fantasy and SF fan. Once she reads them I add them to my laughably gigantic TBR stack. With any luck I should get through the pile by the time I’m in my 90s. LOL

Elle Fredrix said...

Hehehe. I said it last week and I'll say it again. The only 2 I knew were LoTR and Starwars.

It's odd. I LOVE Sci-Fi movies, but I rarely think to read it. Hmm. something to ponder.

Mercy's Maid said...

The only one of these I've read is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm not usually a big sci-fi/fantasy fan, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I hoped, though it did have its funny parts.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Great stuff on this list! Some I knew; some I have to get to. Thanks for adding to my TBR list.

Heather said...

Apparently it's been a really long time since I read a couple of these since I didn't recognize the characters last week, but know I've read the books (like The Last Unicorn).

Crystal Jordan said...

I love Robin Hobb's work!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Well, you know me. Terry Brooks is my favorite fantasy author.
Although I've never read Charles Delint.
Hey! Stop throwing things at me Dayna.

Dayna_Hart said...

Jen. You are getting books in the mail. Soon.

People who do not read Charles DeLint have not experienced the full pleasures of life. Just sayin'.