We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

13 reasons Fantasy (books) are better than sex

13. Your hair doesn't get messed up reading a book
12. The hero usually has some magical power you can totally imagine him using for your greater pleasure
11. Having more than one book doesn't make you a slut.
10. The only injury you're going to get from a book is a papercut, while we all know sex is dangerous! :)
9. Books can't give you STDs
8. While books may cost money, there's nothing wrong with paying for the gratification they give. Can't say the same for paying for sex.
7. You can display books.
6. You can read in public.
5. You can imagine yourself in the place of the heroine, and whoever you want as the hero.
4. It's okay to love more than one book. At a time :D
3. Reading actually makes you smarter.
2. A good book can last for days.

1. Books have covers and sheets...and you don't have to wash them.

17 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

You can display sex too. It's just frowned on. LOL.
GREAT list. Of course, you read it to me, so it had more fun attached.

Rhonda Helms said...

ROFL at your list...okay, #11 made me laugh out loud!!!

Tink said...

*LOL*, I enjoyed your list! There is a lot of truth in it, but I love sex too much to prefer just books! ;-)
My TT is a list of things I do on my computer.

Jennifer Shirk said...

EXCELLENT list!!

Sparky Duck said...

great list

though I bet their are other injuries possible from reading certain books.

Em said...

Great list!!

So later tonight I can say "Not tonight dear, I'm reading a book instead" and blame you right?

Robin L. Rotham said...

Amen to all that! :D Oh, and books don't sulk when you say, "Not tonight, dear -- I have a headache."

Crystal Jordan said...

Yes...loving more than one book at once doesn't make me a hussy. Sweet!

Shelli Stevens said...

LOL wait, I can't have sex in public? Cute list.

Anonymous said...

It is good when a book gets you in the mood to have sex...but bad when sex gets you in the mood to read a book. *snirt*

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

LOVE IT! How about, You can read a book in the tub without one of you being pressed up against the faucet?

Heather said...

ROFLMBO...great list, Dayna!

Christine said...

If you read a book while having sex, the book isn't insulted.

P. Robinson said...

I am loving these funny blogs this week. I think I'll have to stick with the sex.

Diana Castilleja said...

OMG!!! I love #1!!!!!!!! That is too funny.

This is a great list!

Dayna_Hart said...

I think I'll have to do parts B and C to this one...there's so many more than 13 reasons ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this list! I was laughing from the first one.

And, a book won't snore when you put it away for the night.