We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Monday, April 9, 2007

A contributor’s intro:

I’m Melissa Lopez. Many call me Mel, which is still odd at times…even though I normally use it as my signature. I always thought Mel a little masculine. I was dubbed with the nick name when I first joined the official Dark Hunter fan-fiction world some six years ago.

Some call me M’lis. The rare, one or two, call me Melly. And yeah, really old friends still call me Missy. The use of Missy is showing their age. ;)

I’m a mother, daughter, sister, wife, friend, critique partner, and college grad. All roles I’m proud of.

I’m also a storyteller first. A author second. And a writer last.

Besides, writing under my own name, I co-author both Marissa Alwin and Melany Logen. A large chunk of my writing time is spent creating worlds in several genres of fantasy.

I’ve always been fascinated with “what ifs?” Mythology. Folklore. Legends. And the imagination shows. As part of Melany Logen we’ve created a futuristic fantasy world. Torc’s Salvation the first in our Soul Shifter series was released this past October. Story two, Law’s Deliverance is now under requested revisions. We’re also working on other stories set in the world that aren’t part of our Soul Shifter series.

For Marissa Alwin while we’ve not got anything I’d categorize as fantasy we do have paranormals. And as we know, the paranormal is part of fantasy worlds.

I’ve recently contracted Dark Sentinel the first of my Netherworld series to Samhain Press. My Netherworld is a dark urban fantasy world. I admit, I find urban fantasy captivating. I love to study cultures and belief systems. Netherworld is definitely an edgy dark place of fantasy and romance. I’ve crossed genres, and I’m so thrilled Samhain has faith in my world. I’ve promised my editor story two, A Knight’s Risk by October.

I’ve also been working on a couple ancient fantasy tales, and will talk about them more when I can.

Until later~
Mel

2 comments:

Gia Dawn said...

Hi, Melissa. How does it work with a writing partner? I've never done that yet. Does it make it easier to get done faster, or slow the process down? Any hints or advice on how to work with another author? Gia

Dayna_Hart said...

ooh, I'd love to read more about that, too, Melissa. I've been too afraid to work with another writer this far :)

Congratulations on all the upcoming releases, too.