We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Intro--Dayna Hart

I've written so many of these introductions in the last year, I find it hard not to regurgitate the same information over and over again. I have one bio listed at my website, one on my 'author info' pages at each of my epublishers, and then another one in the little sidebar here at blogger.

But at the risk of repeating myself, I'd like to give an introduction here which gives appropriate kudos to Fantasy writing. :)

When I was three years old, I walked around the house with a notepad in hand, drawing loopy circles in a row across the page. When asked what they were, I would tell whoever asked a story. Never the same one twice, either. Because of this rather unique habit, my aunt dubbed me "Doodles". (I didn't answer to it then, I won't now. Just FYI for anyone thinking it'd be a 'cute' nickname to try using for me.)

However, this marked the beginning of it all for me. Even at three years old, I told people "When I grow up, I want to be a writer."

It was only recently I realised there could be anything else for me but fantasy, and I tried my hand at all of it. Rather unremarkably, too, I'll add. Unless I throw in some winged creatures, fairy spells, or magic potions, it just doesn't feel right to me. But I've learned a lot about romance, and erotic romance, so it felt natural to blend the genres.

And here I am.

I have a rather warped sense of humour, which sometimes translates to the page, and sometimes not.

My writing and I both struggle with elements of darkness--even the most lighthearted of my stories end up with threads of darkness throughout. This is a theme I explore in my work, too. And the fact I have identifiable themes...well, I take it as part of my Canadian heritage...making even a simple story into something Literary.

Which sort of lends itself to fantasy, which has always been about 'good vs. evil'.

So that's me...or at least, a start to knowing me. And if you want the really short version:
I'm a dichotomy. A complex set of contradicting ideas housed in one place. :)

No comments: