We've Moved!

The authors of FaE have relocated to the Beyond the Veil castle keep. BtV is now your one-stop blog for Samhain Publishing's paranormal and fantasy romance authors!

Come on over! Just be careful when you cross the moat. The mermaids are still getting settled in with the Cracken. The drawbridge might be a little slippery.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

13 fantasy character names...




ThirteenCharacters from Fantasy Books
See if you can figure out what book they're from. Some are easy :)

1. Shea Ohmsford
2. Leslie Burke
3. Schmendrick the Magician
4. Ender Wiggin
5. Wandering Jack
6. Thomas Covenant
7. Legolas
8. King Brandin of Ygrath
9. Holly, Foaly and Root
10. Zaphod Beeblebrox
11. Luke Skywalker
12. Sithi Storm King Ineluki
13. King Shrewd and Prince Verity


Tune in next week for the 13 books these characters come from :)

13 comments:

Crystal Jordan said...

Um. I obviously have not read enough fantasy. I knew about 4 of them and could maybe guess 3 more.

Anonymous said...

I don't know any of them, BUT I can pronounce most of them. ;)

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I love most of those! Some great characters. Is it weird that I had a crush on Zaphod?

Em said...

I've always been partial to Slartibartfast myself.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know some of them!
1 -that's Terry Brooks
3 - from The Last Unicorn
4 - Ender's Game
5 - Chronicals
6 - TLoTR
9 - Artemis Fowl
10 - THGG
11 - Star Wars
12 - Stone of Farewell
13 - Farseer Trilogy

Great 13!

Anonymous said...

Othe than the obvious LOTR and SW ones the only one I recognize is Leslie Burke, Bridge To Terabithia. Best book ever.

Jean Marie Ward said...

Am I the only person in the world who keeps hearing "legless" when Legolas is mentioned? Yes, I am that...lame.

Elle Fredrix said...

I don't read a lot of fantasy but I'd have to be living under a rock not to know who 7 and 11 are. Other than that, no clue!

But why does 3 sound familiar?

Gia Dawn said...

Yeah, yeah, what Ember said. LMAO She's good. Gia

P. Robinson said...

I absolutely love the dragon on your site. I'm not a big fantasy reader...maybe I need to read more. These characters sound neat.

Dayna_Hart said...

Rock on, Ember!!
Good call :)

Jenn...I thought I'd keep the REALLY weird ones for a later post...see if you can tell which ones are real characters, and which ones I made up ;)

JM: you're not alone, hon. Then again, I think I'm the only girl my age who didn't crush all over Orlando Bloom AS Legolas...

Shari said...

May the force be with you! LOL

Heather said...

Oh, my... I only recognized three of them, which really should impress you. ;)